13 Nov The best Instagram spots in London
London is one of those European capital cities with a lot of amazing places to capture! As an content creator on Instagram and a photographer, I am always looking for the best places and the best angles to shoot beautiful images. Therefore here is a list of the best Instagram spots in London for you to create the prettiest pictures and memories!
First of all Tower Bridge is one of the most iconic landmark of London, so you cannot miss it!
You can capture it from many different angles:
- On the bridge itself. If you are patient you can even get one of those cool red buses on your picture!
- On the left side from the banks of Thames close to Potters Fields Park
- On the right side from the banks of the Thames in Butler’s Wharf Pier
Best moment of the day to take pictures here: If you want to shoot on the bridge itself it might be better to be there very early before there is too much traffic and passerbys. but if you want to shoot from the left side or the right side you can go at any time of the day.
Location: Tower Bridge Rd, London SE1 2UP
2. London Eye
The London Eye is the one of the largest cantilevered observation wheel in the world! From up there (135 metres high), you get a panoramic view of London up to 25 kilometres in all directions!! That is the reason why it is called London Eye. It’s the most popular paid tourist attraction of London.
You can take photos with London Eye from a few different angles:
- Below London Eye itself
- From Westminster Bridge
- From Victoria Embankment on the other side of the Thames (here on the pictures)
Best moment of the day to take pictures here: If you want to shoot below London Eye it is better to do it early morning before there are too many tourists. But if you want to shoot from Westminster Bridge or from Victoria Embankment you can go at any time of the day.
Location: Lambeth, London SE1 7PB
3. The Houses of Parliament and Big Ben
The Houses of Parliament and Elizabeth Tower, aka Big Ben, are among London’s must-see attractions! Therefore it’s part of the best Instagram spots in London!
Big Ben is unfortunately undergoing vital repair works to keep it in great condition. The repairs are due to be completed in the early 2020s.
Until then you can still take great pictures with the Palace of Westminster, more commonly known as the Houses of Parliament. It is the building where the House of Commons and the House of Lords meet and where the day to day running of the country takes place. It’s very beautiful with its gothic architecture!
Best moment of the day to take pictures here: You can take your pictures from Westminster Bridge at any time of the day.
Location: Westminster, London SW1A 0AA
4. Notting Hill
When I am thinking about Notting Hill I always imagine the famous pastel houses … but this neighborhood has many more colors and places to offer! If you are on a hunt for the best Instagram spots in London, you have to visit Notting Hill!
Locations: The best thing you can do in Notting Hill? Get lost in the streets! I have divided the places to capture in two sections: the houses and the storefronts.
The pretty Houses of Notting Hill
You can find pretty houses everywhere!! Here are some of the best spots of the neighborhood:
- Portobello Road: the main road, it runs almost the length of Notting Hill from south to north.On Saturdays it is home to Portobello Road Market, one of London’s notable street markets, known for its second-hand clothes and antiques.
- Lancaster Road, AKA rainbow row: here you can enjoy very vivid colors such as purple, green, blue, red, yellow…
- St Luke Mews: where you can find a cute pink house and a yellow and bleu house (literally the colors of Ikea)
- Westbourne Park Road
- Denbigh Terrace: pink, yellow and blue pastel houses
- Chepstow villas: pastel villas with a palm tree
- Colville Terrace: where you will find the red and blue houses here in the picture
The famous Storefronts of Notting Hill
And here are some of the famous storefronts:
- The red facade of Alice’s, a quaint antique and vintage shop – 86 Portobello Rd, Notting Hill, London W11 2QD
- The black and white facade of Biscuiteers – 13 Northcote Rd, London SW11 1NG
- The Travel Book Shop, the famous book shop of the movie Notting Hill with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. It is actually not a bookshop but a gift shop – 142 Portobello Rd, Notting Hill, London W11 2DZ. It has been inspired by another bookshop nearby (the Notting Hill Bookshop – 13 Blenheim Cres, Notting Hill, London W11 2EE)
- The blue facade of The Distillery – 186 Portobello Rd, Notting Hill, London W11 1LA
Best moment of the day to take pictures here: If you are there on a weekday it is more quiet than during the weekend. Indeed I visited in the afternoon on a Tuesday and it was fine! But during the weekend it will be more busy.
5. Piccadilly Circus
Piccadilly Circus is the round open space at the junction of Regent Street with Piccadilly. It is famous for its video display and neon signs, as well as the Shaftesbury Memorial Fountain and statue. The different entrances of the metro station Piccadilly Circus make also very cool insta spots!
Best moment of the day to take pictures here: It is surrounded by tourists attractions, retail stores, nightclubs, restaurants and bars. Therefore it is a busy meeting place! Unless you go there very early, you will have to manage with the people around you for your pictures.
Location: Piccadilly Circus, London
6. Regent Street
Regent street is a major shopping street. It makes an interesting curve and there are many red buses passing in the street: 2 good reasons to take pictures here! It also have the prettiest Christmas lights and decorations at the end of the year!
Best moment of the day to take pictures here: it is better to go there at the time when the stores in the streets are closed, as there will be less people walking around.
Location: Regent Street, London
7. Natural History Museum
The Natural History Museum is one of the major museums of London. Not only it is very interesting to visit but it also has a very beautiful architecture with an ornate terracotta facade (typical of high Victorian architecture). Therefore it’s a good spot to shoot for your Instagram!
Best moment of the day to take pictures here: I managed to shoot my pictures during the day from a spot where there is no traffic on the side.
Location: Cromwell Rd, South Kensington, London SW7 5BD
8. Peggy Porschen
Peggy Porschen is one of the prettiest cafes of London! There are 2 great reasons to go there: the lovely pink facades and the cute and yummy cupcakes! They have a seasonal decoration changing regularly on their facade so it worth going all year long.
Best moment of the day to take pictures here: Any time of the day is ok. Nevertheless be aware that there are many people queuing to get there during the week-ends.
Locations: there are 2 locations: Peggy Porschen Belgravia 116 Ebury Street, Belgravia, London SW1W 9QQ and Peggy Porschen Chelsea 219 King’s Road, Chelsea, London SW3 5EJ. Both of them have a photogenic facade.
More info: https://www.peggyporschen.com/
9. Elan Cafe
Elan Cafe is definitely another cute cafe of London. I am obsessed with their flower walls and they have the prettiest pink cakes I have ever seen! You can make very pretty pictures inside with the decorated walls especially made for Instagram!
Locations: they have several locations in London
- Market Place Oxford Circus,
- Brompton Road South Kensington: I have been to this location, they have a beautiful flower wall
- Park Lane Mayfair,
- Selfridges London Oxford Street: the second largest location
- Hans Crescent Knightsbridge: they have a lovely hearts wall – this one is the largest, spread across 2 floors
Best moment of the day to take pictures here: any time of the day is ok as far you get a table. But you may have to queue to get there during the week-ends.
More info: https://www.elnlondon.co.uk/
You should also read The Most Instagrammable Cafes of London: I have gathered here for you the list of my favorite addresses to enjoy good food in a lovely environment in London!